Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Pros.

    I've been home for a few days now, but it seems like it's been forever since my trip. Most people who know me know that if I were given the choice between being out on the mission field and being here at home I would always pick the field. So, in an effort to better my attitude, I've made a Pros and Cons list of being home, except without the Cons.


  1. The water pressure in my shower is fantastic.
  2. I get to see my friends.
  3. I can listen to Pandora because it is available in America. 
  4. I have unlimited access to a washing machine.
  5. I can sleep late. (Sometimes…)
  6. I don't need wifi to use my phone. 
  7. I don't have to worry about whether or not water is purified, because it always is. 
  8. I don't have to worry about flushing toilet paper. 
  9. My pets are here.
  10. My musical instruments are here.
  11. If I get sick I can go to the doctor.
  12. I can drive here. 
  13. Everything is in English.
  14. ChikFilA.
  15. Every bathroom I go to will have access to toilet paper.
  16. I can sing in the shower.
  17. There are options for breakfast that aren't eggs.
  18. I smell better now that I've been home for a while.
  19. I sleep alone in my own bed.
  20. My clothes don't smell like old suitcase.
    Being home isn't the easiest thing for me, because I'd rather be reaching out to the nations. However, there are people right here at home who need to be reached out to. My home is my mission field right now, and I need to let God use me. Sometimes God chooses to bring us to other countries to be his hands and feet, but sometimes he needs us to stay right where we are so that we can do his will. God's plan is perfect, and all we need to do is trust it. God knows exactly what he's doing. He knows what we need, and what others need. He knows what is going to help us grow. Even if it is staying still and following him no matter what. I will follow my savior to the ends of the earth, but sometimes I just need to follow him home.

No comments:

Post a Comment